Monday, January 28, 2008


When I was about ten years old, an atrocious and all-too-country distant relative of mine who was (and for all I know still is) an active participant in the sport of taking away lives of helpless and beautiful animals, shot his hand off while he was cleaning his gun. I could not have been more thrilled. Even in my youthful state I knew that by some sort of divine intervention justice had been served. I would often imitate him, crippling my hand up and running around the house chasing after a sibling.

Here he is serving up some critters...note the deformation of the left appendage.

It pains me that any one person can take joy in the destruction of innocent lives... In order to counter a little bit of this evil in the world, I like to ask friends and family to donate money to my favorite organization: The Santa Barbara Pug Rescue . Help those that can't help themselves!

No comments: