Saturday, April 19, 2008

Color Me Bad



Goddamn! I have a new obsession and it's called Color Me Mine. I know, I know...that little artsy chain of stores home to $18 mugs, spoiled children's birthday parties and forced-to-be-cute dates. It sorta makes me sick when I see pre-teen love blossoming over a mutually glazed ceramic teddy bear that I know will end up shattered when he cheats on her with the tween from homeroom. Oh well..that's just a part of what makes the experience. Observing other people's art is half the fun. I myself spent a good part of a lazy afternoon diligently crafting Pee Wee's (my favorite man ever I'm not kidding. One time my friend jokingly said he died and I broke down in tears)image onto a mug. Pretty much the ugliest thing ever, but I have to say I got a lot of compliments. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's good, I don't even think it's art, but I am damn excited to see the magic that the "kiln" worked on it.

No comments: